Improving Blood Circulation
Joel Cordle examines some of the super foods that may help boost your blood circulation.
Maintaining healthy blood circulation is something that every individual, no matter the age, should consider. There are different ways to improve circulation in hands and feet but the most important is to improve your diet. As you choose the food you eat and improve your diet, you are also improving your blood circulation.
For you to understand more about this, here are the different super foods that can help you in the improvement of your blood circulation:
- Sunflower Seeds. This is the perfect food when you are looking for the one that can give you the right amount of vitamin E. This is very helpful in maintaining healthy blood circulation. When you are going to add this type of food in your diet, you will surely be able to prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Root Ginger. This is a very beneficial food not only in aiding in blood circulation but also in making it possible for you to deal with digestion problems and other issues like nausea. For some people, they prefer having ginger root as a main ingredient for their tea. But for some, they can eat this raw or they can also consider adding it to the food or the dish that they prepare every day.
- Cayenne Pepper. This is actually a spice that is best added to salads and it can also be a part of the juice that you drink. The most important thing that makes the consumption of this food easier and more beneficial is that it can be added to the dish that you are preparing. It is better if you are going to eat this raw. When it comes to blood circulation, it can actually be very helpful in strengthening the blood vessels and the arteries. Aside from that, it can also be helpful in normalizing the metabolic rate.
- Watermelon. Antioxidants are the perfect factors that can help in increasing healthy circulation. This is where watermelon comes in. This is rich in lycopene that are considered as a natural antioxidant. The pigment that is given by this certain mineral explains the colour of the fruit. With this, you can also check other foods that are rich in lycopene. Tomatoes and grapefruit are just few of these other fruits.
- Oranges. If you are looking for another food that you can add to your daily diet, you can always consider citrus or fruits that contain vitamin C. This vitamin can actually be beneficial because they are natural blood thinners. Aside from that, it also strengthens the walls of your capillaries. This product is available in the market and you can easily find it. And the best thing about it is the fact that you can add it to your daily diet, your salads and you can also eat it raw.
- Dark Chocolate. If you love dark chocolates and you consider adding it to the foods that you usually eat, then you have a good chance of getting healthy blood circulation. The cocoa content of the dark chocolate is very significant because of the flavonoids in it. You should consider dark chocolate because the white chocolate does not contain such.
- Garlic. For people who have a problem with blood circulation, this is the most common food that is recommended for them. Just like onions, this is very helpful in cleansing the blood. Aside from that, it is also a great product that prevents the build-up of plaques. This is a spice that can be added to different dishes. With that, you do not really have to worry on how you can increase the intake of such.
- Salmon. The cardiovascular system needs omega 3 fatty acids in order for it to be healthy. This omega-3 fatty acid is not only needed in strengthening the heart but also in aiding blood circulation. So, if you want to make it a point to get a healthy heart and a healthy blood circulation, you can consider eating salmon twice a week.
Choosing a healthy diet is a perfect step not only in attaining healthy blood circulation but also in getting better overall health.
Now that you are already aware about the different foods that can help you with your blood, you can now choose to live healthy.
If you quote information from this page in your work, then the reference for this page is:
- CORDL, J. (2014) Improving Blood Circulation [WWW] Available from: https://www.brianmac.co.uk/articles/article162.htm [Accessed
About the Author
Joel Cordle is a health and lifestyle enthusiast as well as author for Isrameds.com and he is passionate about writing blogs on various topics like fitness
The following Sports Coach pages provide additional information on this topic: